Tuesday, October 30, 2012

37w3d Update

I'm sorry I haven't taken pictures in a while, but well, I am tired a lot and busy a lot and never think about it honestly. And the days until we are a family of 6 are dwindling down, quickly. Like I'll wake up and the day will be here.  Totally ridiculous if you ask me. I have a friend from church who thinks Seth should be born on her birthday. The problem is that her birthday is in June.  I am pretty sure the chance of Seth being born in June is about 0%, but at the same time when I think about the inevitable events of the next short weeks, keeping him inside for another 7 months doesn't sound like a half bad idea. I don't do the unknown well (not that I know anyone who does) and we are getting to the point where I am getting a little scared, honestly. Okay, now for the typical update:

How Far Along: 37 Weeks 2 Days (sorry I never posted after last weeks doctor's appointment)
Size of the Baby: 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel, the size of a swiss chard.  Baby Seth is measuring small, but more about that later.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 19.9 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Yep
Gender: Boy, Seth Edward Fowler
Movement: All the time.  He does let me sleep, so that's good.
What I Miss Most: not aching in my joints when I move or walk
Cravings: I have finally identified a craving, kinda.  In the morning, I usually want a large glass or bottle of juice (usually apple or some version of strawberry kiwi)
Symptoms: waddling, aching, feeling big in general
Best Moment of the week: I know this has nothing to do with pregnancy, but I beat the family at Putt Putt on Saturday.  I'm not sure I've won a game of Putt Putt in years and I know I have never beaten BJ. But the losing strike is over and I am the champion, at least until we play again.


Today at the doctor's office, Dr. W said he wasn't happy with how small Seth is measuring.  He hasn't said anything until today, so it took me by surprise.  We are scheduled for a sonogram tomorrow to make sure everything is fine. At the end of the appointment, he asked how tall BJ was and when I told him, he said he thinks Seth is just genetically small, but still wants to make sure. Yes, I have cried (what hormonal pregnant woman wouldn't get a little upset when there is a possibility something is wrong with her baby?) I am trying to trust God and not be scared, but would really appreciate it if you would say a prayer for us.  If everything is fine, Dr. W wants to schedule induction for November 14th if Seth doesn't come before that.  Although I initially objected, at this point, I just want Seth to be here and happy and healthy and am happy to do whatever the doctor thinks is best.


So we will be a family of 6 in 15 days or less...unbelievable!!

No comments: