Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Prayer for my Kids

The Nester started 31 days of change yesterday actually, so I am a little behind, but I decided to join even a day late.  I figured I could do anything for 31 days, right?  I know life is crazy, but my goal is to make it 31 days posting prayers for my kids on certain topics. So here it goes.

I am using this list, but there are plenty on the internet.  Please join me in praying for our kids.

Day 1 - Faith

When I think about faith and my kids, I think about where they came from. Their perspective on many things about life were learned from their birth parents or foster parents and have nothing to do with God.  Seeing them and the things they are having to unlearn and relearn to live life God's way makes me even more grateful for the Christian upbringing I had. Yes it's true that I know nothing different than serving God, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

For Haley 

God, I pray that you will give her faith to believe, not only that you are God and you are real and you are for her but also that you love her, no matter what.  Help her to know that even when it doesn't make sense, her faith in you will be her foundation, something to hold on when the world around her is confusing and constantly changing. Help her to know that doing all the right things will never fully please you unless she believes in you and puts her faith in all that you are and can be in her life.

For Daniel

God, help him to be able to believe in you and trust you fully.  I know he has learned from experience that people will fail him, so help him to see that you aren't just another person, but you are God and you will always keep your promises.  Help him to see the value in believing in you and living for you.  Let him make the connection between what he believes and how he lives.  That his faith should change the way he treats people and the love he has for others.

For Katelynn

God, I thank you for Katelynn's uninhibited love for and faith in you.  I thank you that you have protected her from some of the harms her siblings have had to endure. So help her to give herself fully to serving you.  Help her to share her faith with others in a way that expresses you are a God of love and not rules.  I know she doesn't understand everything and she doesn't always remember things correctly, but I pray that her love for you will motivate her to be concerned for those around her and to continue to share your love with them.