Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 4 - Joy

As adults over time we let our circumstances determine our joy instead of our God.  And his provision. And his promises. And the things he has for us.  I know that I am usually a realist and I let my view of what is really happening limit my joy. 

Most of the time kids are able to have child-like faith and believe without doubt and all the things adults let hinder them.  But because my kids are from hard places, they've lost some of that.  They have been hurt more than other kids and have endured more than other kids, so they've become more skeptical and more calloused. 

Prayer for my Kids:

God, help my kids to be kids again.  Let them somehow regain the innocence most kids have and fully experience the joy found in your presence.  I don't want them to miss out on the blessing of being a kid with no worries, so help them to let go of the things they've had to carry over the past years to protect themselves.  Help them to be able to let go of the habits they have created to survive and realize they are safe here and can just be kids enjoying life to the fullest. Let them know they are taken care of and they are loved and they are free to just be kids again.  Let them realize that finding joy in you is where they will gain strength.

Show them where they are taking on more than they need to and help them to feel safe enough to let go and let you be in control and let us lead them as their parents.

Give them your joy in each day. Help them be confident in your love for them and help them to share your joy and love with others.

No comments: