Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 5 - Patience

We work on being patient at my house A LOT.  I have sung the "Be patient" song enough to drive them all crazy, and yet we are still having issues.  It's really not their fault.  We are all selfish and we all think we deserve what we want when we want it without having to wait for everything.  Because we've been trained by society to think it's all about us.

And I'm not sure I'm a good example at patience.  I've tried to learn to be patient over the years and yet the impatient monster rears its ugly head more than I care to admit.

Nonetheless, God expects us to be patient, with each other, with ourselves (this one's hard for me) and with him, especially when we don't see things happening the way we think they should.

Prayer for the Kids:
God, I pray that you will help my kids to learn to wait well.  I know that patience is learned by example and as we go through trials.  Help them to know that we and you have their best interest at heart and that good things are worth the wait.

Help their lives to show the fruit of the spirit as they spend more time with you every day. Help them to develop a relationship with you that encourages them to be patient with others and with themselves when they don't get something the first time they try.  Give them the determination to keep seeking you and keep trying new things knowing that you are faithful.

No comments: