Saturday, December 21, 2013

Accomplishing God's Purpose

Isaiah 55:10-11 
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return to it without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose
for which I sent it.
Tonight I am reminded that God's word always accomplishes God's purposes.  I think this hits me the most as a Sunday School teacher and Girls Ministries leader. Over the years I have taught many Bible studies. Some have seemed well received and affective, and other have seemed like something to do to fill a time slot. If I was determining success or failure on the visual response I get, I would definitely count some days and some lessons to be a bust. But praise be to God, His word always accomplishes His purposes. 

It is not dependent on an eloquent speaker or educated presenter, but on the vary Word itself. No matter what the method or skill of the vessel, God always honors His word and His word is always active, producing God's purposes in the lives of those who hear it. So my efforts which often feel or seem fruitless are not a waste. My preparation is not pointless, but is the way God chooses to plant his word in lives in order to accomplish his perfect will in them.

God's word often does not produce the result I expect or am looking for. But it accomplishes His purposes which are far greater than my expectations.

On a personal level, this also applies when I pray God's word or feel led to share a simple verse with someone who is having a rough day or needs some encouragement. And when I am spending my regular time in God's word. Praise God that even in me, even when it feels like I am reading a phone book (which it sometimes does and yet I do it anyways) God's word is doing something productive according to his plans. It is alive and active, allowing my spiritual roots to grow deeper and my arsenal of tools to be increased for future needs. I don't know what I will need to fight the devil in the upcoming days and though a verse may seem insignificant right now, it may be the very tool I need to fight or to help others in the future. God knows and prepares me accordingly.

Praise God for His Word!!


No comments: