Sunday, October 26, 2014

Just Acting

Today has been a day of self reflection for me. And my conclusion is that I was way too good of an actor as a child. Where people saw me as confident, I was really very intimidated and shy. Yes, there at certain things that come naturally for me, but I never wanted that to make people feel inferior or not good enough around me.

So I've thought about whether my actions have led people to be intimidated by me or if it has happened in spite of what I've said or done.  I really don't know except to say that is not my heart. If you'll stay around me long enough to hear my heart, you'll learn that I want to encourage others to do things they think are impossible and never to make anyone feel like they aren't good enough.

I know we all do it on some level, but we should really try to not compare ourselves to others. The devil really likes us to go there and he will use it against us. No matter how good it looks, we never really know someone else's motives or their struggles. If it looks like someone has it all together, chances are they don't. Things at never as easy as they seem.

No comments: