Friday, October 3, 2014

Night and Day

We are 6 weeks into school and I am just amazed how easy it has been. Something happened to Haley over the summer and she is growing up right before my eyes. I don't know if she's finally coming into her own because she is in intermediate school, or she's just learned that it feels good to work at something and succeed, or if the help she is getting at school has changed her work ethic. Or God. Yeah, probably all of that but mostly God.

She started the school year out with a bang and quickly learned  how much studying she needed to do to make 100s on her vocabulary test and has continued to keep up the work. She is passing every subject and with a little more work could be a A-B student. She'll get there.

On Sunday night we worked on a reading comprehension project that I dreaded would be a struggle. But she proved she's maturing by sitting right down and we worked through it one question at a time. No fighting, no begging or pleading or yelling. It was great!!

It hasn't all been that peachy, but for the most part she is doing her work and doing great! So much better than previous years. Final grades for the first 6 weeks aren't in but I think she has 1 A, 1 B, and 2 high Cs. I am so proud of her. She is strong and she's a fighter so I know she is going to do great things!

No comments: