Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Girl Who Cried Wolf

My house is full of drama. Full of it. I love my kids dearly, but they sure know how to over-exaggerate EVERYTHING. BJ and I have decided that Haley is probably the most dramatic right now. And that is saying a lot because Katelynn is dramatic in her own right, usually on the side of being silly and funny.

Haley, however, is always in need of a doctor and the ER. Tonight within 30 minutes she had "broken" her toe, ran into the cupboards and hurt her foot. The thing with her is that everything is a serious issue and yet she continues being rough or doing whatever it was that caused the injury. (On a serious note, when she broke her wrist, I didn't know whether to believe her or not and it took the school nurse prodding me to get me to take her to get xrays and sure enough it was broken.)

Tonight Haley hurt her foot trying to do cartwheels in the living room. After the "injury" she was fine, walked over to the couch, sat down, read her Bible and by the time everyone was done sharing what they had learned, she couldn't move to get off of the couch. She slowly limped up the stairs, whimpering the whole time, and then laid on her bed in an odd way so her foot would be elevated. She was convinced that tomorrow I would have to take off work and take her to the doctor. BJ diagnosed her with footicus dramaticus. About 40 minutes later she came down stairs itching and wanting some lotion. I asked her about her foot. She said it didn't hurt any more. I couldn't help but start laughing. It made her mad, understandably so. She knows she overreacts and I can't believe her reactions, but she can't help herself.

I really do love that girl and she brings a smile to my face, but I really have a hard time knowing when she is overreacting and when she is really hurt.

If nothing else, she serves as good entertainment! Crazy girl!

No comments: