Monday, February 2, 2015

9w5d - Doctor's Appointment

The first doctor's appointment can be a little scary. I am so grateful that my mom has never been a worrier and didn't teach me to be that way. I tend to expect the best and not worry or what if something to death. When bad news comes, and it does sometimes, I grieve and I cry, but I really try not to waste time before hand borrowing that trouble.

After the normal questions, Dr. Wiegman got out his doplar to listen for a heart beat. He had warned me in advance that at this stage sometimes they are able to hear a heartbeat and sometimes they can't. It may or may not mean anything but just may be too early to find. Well he was able to find the baby's heartbeat pretty quickly from my perspective. It is just the most amazing sound.  The heart rate was 160 and he immediately said its a girl, which he followed up with how silly all the old wives tales are. Depending on where you look, each symptom leans to both a boy and a girl. I don't believe any of that stuff anyways.

It's nice to finally get some confirmation that we are pregnant besides the home pregnancy test and the way I've been feeling.

He thinks since he had no problem finding the heartbeat that I may be further along than my last menstrual cycle date would indicate. I would be happy with that since I'm hoping for an August birthday so the littles can be only 2 grades apart instead of three.

Back to the gender issue, I do know that I feel bigger up in my ribs than before. Seth was really low or that's where I felt the most discomfort when I was pregnant with him. I don't know if that difference means boy or girl, but I'll be happy with healthy.

I went and got my blood work done and have a sonogram scheduled for Wednesday. I'm ready to silence all of these twin talkers (mainly my father in law) with a sonogram that shows there is only one baby. But I guess we will all have to wait and see how that turns out.

No comments: