Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Strong Enough

Today on the way home from work, I was listening to my Hymns CD, which has become one of my favorites. The verses of Jesus Paid it All really spoke to me.

I heard the Savior say, " Your strength indeed in small.
Child of weakness watch and pray. Find in me your all in all."

So some days I feel like I am just not strong enough to handle it all. Being a wife. A mother to 4. A good employee. And a baby growing machine. I am not at all complaining about the blessings of God but just being real here. It can be overwhelming at times.

And that is okay. Our flesh wants to be strong and gets all defensive when we are described as weak. But only in our weakness is His strength perfected in us.

I am weak. We are all weak. But we can find the strength we need in the shadow of His wings. In him we are made complete.

The presence of God was so real in my car as I was singing this song. I just couldn't stop praising him for being my strength through whatever comes my way.

Just like Daniel had strength to pray in the middle of the hungry lions.

Just like Elijah had strength to call out to God when he was faced with the challenge at Mount Carmel against the prophets of Baal.

Just like Esther had the strength to stand up for God's people even if it meant her own life.

Just like He provided strength to me as my family quickly grew and I became instant mom to 3 kids.

Just like when I've had to fight for Haley and endure her learning disability diagnosis and whatever that includes.

Just like when I've had to help Daniel with an anxiety disorder.

He has not failed me yet and this will not be the exception in my life. God is faithful and he will strengthen me to do whatever he has placed in my lap to handle.

On another note, I am scheduled to preach again on March 1st, and God is big enough for that too.

No comments: