Sunday, February 15, 2015

Learning to Listen

I've been on a spiritual journey lately. (I suppose we are always learning and growing.). For me, I tend to focus myself more to see what God is saying when I have an upcoming ministry engagement. I am preaching next on March 1st in the 2pm service at my home church. I never can know what God is going to speak through me and he usually changes it last minute just to see if I am listening.

But this time has been different. I have a primary piece of scripture that I am going to speak from (or at least I think so at this point.) I have been reading the passage over every few days and God has been showing me new things each time. So much so that I now feel like I know where he is leading.

It always amazes me how God speaks through his word.

I pride myself in knowing a lot of scripture and it is actually one of the main reasons I believe I've been able to stand through some difficult situations. To God be the glory! It just excites me when I can read through a passage of scripture and God can show me something totally new. In my finite mind I reason that eventually I would get it all, there would be nothing new left to learn. But God is so infinite and so big we will never fully understand everything he wants us to know.

So I. am really excited about sharing what God has been speaking! I really believe it will be life changing!

On another note, I have a dear friend, Sabrina, whose husband, Paul, is in ICU after some surgery complications. If you would take a moment to pray for his lungs to heal, I'm sure she would appreciate it. They have 3 small children and a teenage daughter, so as a mom, my heart goes out to them. I also know that nothing is impossible with God and prayer is powerful.

No comments: