Friday, October 9, 2015

I Didn't Even Cry

The past two days, I have gone to three different teacher meetings. This are standard meetings in MISD for all students. Katelynn and Daniel's went pretty much as planned. Haley's meetings always make me nervous. I feel like I have a good idea of what is going on based on what she tells me and usually leave crying from what she didn't tell me. Maybe it's so emotional because I try every year to be hopeful and leave the meeting disappointed. In my ability to help her. In her ability to take help and let it move her forward. Feeling hopeless.

But by the time I left her meeting today, I felt really proud of her. I feel like her teachers and I have a common understanding and I'm really hopeful to see her growth this year. In the past week I feel like Haley and I have reached an understanding and she's trying, at least for now, to be open with me and stop trying to hide things from me. And by herself, without grade adjustment because she is labeled special ed, she passed all her classes the first 6 weeks. I praying things only go up from here.

The teachers said great things about her behavior, and they all really enjoy having her as a student. She tried to push some boundaries at first but has settled in and generally does what she should. They had a lot of positive things to say about her and I'm really proud of her maturity.

I really feel like she'll be able to keep doing better and be successful in school this year and in the future. Praise God!! There have been a lot of prayers for my sweet girl and I'm glad to see improvements on all fronts!

No comments: