Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Right Choice

Well I am almost two weeks into my new normal of part time work and being available more in the evenings for homework help and mom duties. The first week back to work was not good. In 2 days, I dealt with 4 school behavior issues. You know it's bad when you are on the phone with the vice principle talking about two different issues with two different kids. Definitely not one of my proudest parenting moments. (On a side note, I have learned that kids who make bad choices are not always the result of bad or uninvolved parents. You can only do/teach/say so much. Kids have to make their own choices.)

By the end of week one, however, I started seeing some changes for the better. They are making better decisions and becoming more self motivated to do well.  My kids fluctuate from not caring (or acting like they don't) to setting lofty goals that aren't realistic and setting themselves up for failure and disappointment. So we are learning that doing well at school is more like a marathon than a sprint. They are doing better at continuing to put forth effort, asking for help, and letting me help them.

And God is providing our needs financially. Where I didn't expect a paycheck until November 9th, I met some production goals in my absence and got a $4000 bonus.

So I'm seeing that this was the right choice for us. That God led us to this place and he is taking care of us like he promised.

No comments: