Friday, October 16, 2015

New Season

It's a new season. It's a new day.
A fresh anointing coming my way.
A season of power and prosperity.
It's a new season coming to me.

As I've alluded to in some previous posts, I've felt like God was preparing me for some new things in my life on multiple fronts but wasn't really sure what was coming. I guess we never really know what God is preparing us for until the doors open and we walk through it.

For a while I have been stretched a little thin between my parenting/family responsibilities, church responsibilities, and work responsibilities. But I was so used to working in those situations and getting things done, I just felt like this was my life. And I was okay with it and felt like I was doing pretty well on most fronts. Of course I'd have my moments when I'd break down, but I would recover and keep on trucking.

But God has been expanding my mental, emotional, and spiritual capacity. In the past, I was more than happy to be a team player and work whatever it took so that all things were being covered both at church and work. No one had begged me to help, but I also didn't see anyone stepping up to take on what was doing and to make sure things were taken care of well, I did them. I wasn't bitter or mad, but it definitely  took more out of me than I realized.

Well since Julia was born, I've stepped back on Wednesday night and really feel that my girls are being taken care of well. It has allowed me to breathe a little and be able to sit in the Bible Study and learn. I expected to pick that back up after things got settled, but that has been postponed indefinitely as Melanie has offered to teach until further notice.

This week I was given an opportunity to reduce my work hours to 30 a week (of course at a price) so I can better take care of my family and other priorities. The past 7 weeks I have really gotten in a groove with taking care of my kids and really feel good about how they are doing at school. I've been a little worried about how I would maintain what we have going when I return to work. After prayer and discussing with Bj, I've decided this opportunity is what I need to be able to do what is best for my family. This will allow me to drop off and pick up the kids in school every day and cook dinner and handle evening time without nearly as much stress as before.

In our deliberation, God reminded me of something I said sometime after we became parents. "If money wasn't an option, I'd take my kids to and from school and work during the day while they are at school." Well last fall Bj got a new job (that he wasn't really looking for) that has allowed me to reduce my hours and pay first, down to 35 hours and now down to 30 hours. Wow! What an awesome God I serve! He sees me and knows me and has given me the desires of my heart. To be a mom and be available to my kids to help them with God's strength and without as much outside pressure from my job.

I feel like God is freeing up my emotional and mental stress for something else he's about to drop in my lap. He could just be allowing me to be more fully invested in my kids or take a mental break for a while. Whatever it is, it will be new to me. I'm excited to see what happens next!

No comments: