Thursday, December 31, 2015

Confidence in 2016

I've been reflecting on the previous years and thinking about what one word I wanted to focus on for 2016.

Confidence

Over this past year especially I have learned to hear God better and clearly know that it is indeed God, but have struggled to take action after I've been given instructions. I'm scared to open my mouth when God has given the words. I second guess. I hesitate. I delay obedience. I have lacked confidence.

So this year I want to get out of my own head and open my mouth when God speaks with confidence before I can talk myself out of it.

I want to be confident that God is working behind the scenes when I am tempted to believe he had forgotten me and my needs. Philippians 1:6

I want to come to God confidently, expecting to find help and not be turned away when I am lacking. Hebrews 4:16

I want to be a confident mom, who trusts God to help me make the difficult decisions.

I want to be a confident woman who knows her value is found in who God says I am and not in my abilities and inabilities.

So here's to 2016! Happy new year!

No comments: