Saturday, August 5, 2017

Opportunity Roars

Last Sunday we were having lunch at Cicis Pizza. It was Pastor Sid's idea and I was in no mental state to object. See, BJ worked last Sunday. My Sundays are normally busy just keeping up with my responsibilities, but with Bj gone, a few of his tasks got delegated out, but some of them fell to me. Now, I'm not sure anyone even realized that I was picking up some of his jobs on top of mine, but if nothing else, my mental capacity was maxed out just keeping up with the little things. So if someone else would suggest a lunch place and I didn't have to decide or put in my two cents, I was all over that.

We got to Cicis and I pulled into an empty spot. As soon as I parked, the lady in the car next to me threw her door open into mine, leaving a mark. We both got out, I got insurance info and a name and phone number in case I needed it. She simply didn't realize we had pulled in after her. After looking it over her husband offered to buff it out if I wanted to rather than going through insurance and all. I had some men look it over and decided that was probably a good option. There isn't even a dent that we can see.

Recently whenever I have an encounter with someone new, God's been bringing them to my mind and I've prayed for them from time to time. Not really knowing anything about them, but just praying for their souls and that if I needed to minister to them that God would open up the door for that.

On Monday night I texted her to set up when we could get the car fixed. I felt prompted to invite her to church, so I did. That's not usually my thing, especially since I hate when people steal people from churches. But it's become so much not my thing that God really has to convince me to even mention it. Her immediate response was that they had been looking for a church and would consider it. Praise God!

I wish I could say they will be visiting RLC tomorrow, but I have no idea if that's the case. But I do know it was a divine appointment for God's plan and he will work out the rest, even if it means I never see anything else from that.

They are coming to our house tomorrow after church to fix the car, so I'm praying for easy conversation and more opportunity to show God's love to them.

The opportunities are coming more often and for that I'm grateful! And I'm learning to keep planting seeds even if I'm not the one to bring in the harvest. If you never plant seed you are limiting your harvest and being selfish. If you want to reap generously you have to sow generously and not only when you gain personal benefit.

Thy kingdom come, they will be done in my life and RLC!

No comments: