Saturday, May 28, 2011

Progress

So I can't remember what I post about and what I don't, and don't feel like looking back to see. We decided we would buy twin beds, mattresses, and bedding for our two spare rooms. We are setting up one for a boy and one for a girl. We don't really know what kids God is going to give us, but figured this was a place to start. Besides, the kids come and visit us once a month and their current sleeping arrangements are temporary at best. So we bought boy bedding a month ago or so and finally found a bed about a week and a half ago and ordered it. It is supposed to be delivered in the next 10 days (which seems really vague to me, but I guess we'll know more as delivery gets closer). We originally bought a bed off of craigslist for the girls room and last weekend we bought mattresses and box springs for two twin beds. (I have an obsession with box springs and really didn't want to buy a twin bed that would not accommodate the mattress/box spring set). I also bought girl bedding and it was delivered Wednesday. I set up the bed and put the mattress on it last weekend to discover the bed must be a twin XL bed because the mattress is not big enough. We ran the idea past my dad to see if he thought it was worth the effort to see if we could make it work and find some way to make it smaller, and since he didn't think so and I really wanted the extra 5-6 inches back for the already small room, we decided to sell the original bed purchased on craigslist and buy another one for the girls room. So I found a bed I liked, ordered it yesterday. Well today, someone came and purchased the other bed we were selling and the girls bed got delivered. So we have the girls room all set up, at least until we adopt kids and can adjust the room to make it fit them specifically. So here's a picture of the progress:And just so you know, I put the bed together by myself since I actually enjoy that kind of stuff more than B.J does. Besides everything these days is really easy to put together, assuming you have all the instructions and parts. Also, we have the kids for the weekend and just for the record, they are hilarious. You should have heard D "babying" N who is only 18 months younger while trying to help her play the Wii. Hilarious! High pitched "baby talk" voice and everything. The funniest part is that he was getting frustrated that she wouldn't let him help her. This is the same kid who told his foster mom that fishing was too hard since he couldn't get it on the first try or so and wouldn't let B.J. help him. I had to sympathize with D when he was getting frustrated with N for messing up something that he had just organized and cleaned up. I told him I totally understood his frustration, as I feel like that is the story of my life, but it was okay and he could clean it up when she was done playing. He was satisfied. I seriously think kids are my stress relief. Seriously! Huge smile!

2 comments:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

Looks great!:) warm and cozy!

J.B.L said...

The bed is adorable I love it!!