Sunday, February 22, 2015

Next Generation

Today at church, God ministered to some of our teenagers and all I could do was smile.

It started with Brooke speaking in the staff prayer meeting about God having great plans for us all (Jeremiah 29:11). She said that she likes to have all the details and it all planned out, so she is learning to trust that God's plans are good and to know he provides hope she can hold on to even when she can't know and control it all. Yeah, if you know me, I could have written/spoke about the same thing. It just blessed me to see her learning things I've had to learn. We all struggle in different ways, but every once in a while, you find someone you is going through something you've already been through, and you feel connected in a new way and are able to encourage them that God will be faithful to teach them to trust him more.

Then God showed his love to some by giving them freedom from feelings of condemnation and guilt. I remember when I was so hard on myself and never meeting my own expectations. (I still struggle on occasion, but most of the time am able to be free from those feelings.) It's amazing how God can forgive because of his great mercy, but we hold on to unforgiveness for ourselves and live feeling so unworthy. But God once again provided freedom from those feelings. I was so blessed to see God be God and to know that their lives can be so much different. I pray they'll remember who God says they are and stop listening to the lies of the devil.

There are not many things that bless me more than seeing younger generations grow and let God change them for his glory. I feel kinda old saying that. :)

God is so good!!

No comments: