Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Whole World

He's got the whole world in his hands....or at least that's how the children's song goes.

We love God, we trust him and we know he will take care of us and provide and yet, as moms we think that our kids' struggles and problems are ours to carry and figure out.

Or maybe that's just me.

I've learned that I can trust God in even the most difficult times but because our kids lives are entrusted to us by God himself, I find it very difficult to lead them as I feel God would lead me and still trust the results to him.  In my human understanding it doesn't make sense that I am to train them up but it isn't my burden to carry if they turn out okay.

Maybe its different because I still feel like I don't know my kids like other parents do.

Or maybe I'm just making excuses for my failure to trust God.

I have seen too many kids, many of them my peers, be raised in church, taught the right things, even have faithful Christian parents, who have since chosen to walk away from God.

And it scares me.

I know I can only do so much and am learning to trust God with their futures, but it is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Because my tendency is to fear where I don't have control.

And yet God has promised that his anointing will go with them and flow through them, so I stand on that for now.

And I may need to start my day with a little children's song to remind me that he has the whole world in his hands, even my kids.

No comments: