Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Encouragement

So although most of my life I have been a loner,  I think I'm changing in my old age. Yes, I still love being alone and would be totally happy on many days to be by myself watching my tv shows or reading my book, or shopping for me. Or scrapbooking. (Haven't done that in ages! Maybe this summer I'll scrapbook some vacations before the kids that never got done. Maybe the girls would even like to help me some. I really need to scrapbook at least our annual family vacations if nothing else.) After a few days I'd miss the kids, especially if I didn't know when they were coming home.

But I also need other people. To talk to. To encourage and be encouraged by. To share life with. Because being alone is not all it's cracked up to be. It can be lonely. And when you are sad, no one is there to smile at you. (Unless you are an emotional wreck because you've held it all in too long and you cry all day at church. Then everyone is ready to encourage you and pray with you.) But often times, I just hold it in, be strong, and carry on. And I am alone.

And when you are happy, there is no one to celebrate with. Celebrating even the little things alone isn't nearly as fun as having someone to call or text and share with.

And when God speaks something to you that just rocks your world (whether in a good way or bad), its so nice to have a heart friend who you can share it with, knowing they won't look at you like you are crazy, but will be happy you heard from God even if it does not affect them the same way.

I am so glad to have a few friends like this. I know I don't always act like
I need friends, but I am glad God has given me a few good ones. Love you Kim and Melanie!

No comments: