Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sethisms

It has been a whole since I blogged just about Seth. Probably because I feel the need to vent about the struggles and the difficulties and Seth, for the most part, is an easy boy. The comic relief in our normal, potentially stressful life.

But I don't want to forget any of this. Because he's just pretty cute if you ask me. And for comparison sake after this baby gets here.

Seth is 28 months old and his personality is just so fun!

He talks. A lot. Repeats everything. And with three older siblings and 2 sets of active grandparents, that is a lot.

Some of the funny/cute things he says right now include "pick up me, please" "chocolate and bonella ice cream" "I'm not ready" "I need you" "I go with you?" "I'm not (sweet, cute, etc), I'm Seth" "I'm a big boy not a baby" until he wants his paci and then its "I'm not too big. I'm not too big." "I help you" "I'm joking" and then a fake loud laugh "I'm funny" "naked baby, naked baby" when he is only in a diaper.

I think his vocabulary is so large because he repeats everything, including when I'm yelling up the stairs at the kids or scolding someone. He is such a ham!

He loves to give hugs and a kiss on each cheek. Never just one cheek.

He has recently, in the last month, taken to a stuffed puppy and a blanket to sleep. He's never slept with a blanket before that.

He loves being a big boy and playing upstairs or outside with the big kids.  They are great with him! Its almost like not having a baby anymore. Just in time for another one to join us.

Seth has been bottle free for a couple of weeks. It also means he isn't getting as much milk as he used to. He recently, as in the past couple of days, started eating more so that's good. He is also mostly agreeable to sit at the table (on his knees) and eat with the family without much of a struggle. Sometimes I have to bribe him with dessert, but he could use the extra pounds so its worth it to me.

He takes his paci (after he gave it up at 18 months) but only at sleeping time and only for me. I know I'm a push over, but I didnt want to kill the bottle and the paci at the same times since I really think they are both comfort items for him.

He is still in diapers and still sleeps in his crib. We are planning on moving him to the bottom of a bunk bed in late May/early June so he can get used to it before the baby gets here. And we have some extra time in case he doesn't transfer easily. I'm not even thinking about potty training until summer. I hear boys are harder, so I'm not pushing it.

He's still a little guy, wearing 18-24 month pants (I look for the longest ones at the resale shop) because he is so skinny. He can wear 24mo or 2t shirts depending on the fit. He wears a 4 or 5 size shoe.

He is going to be a great big brother! I hope all the attention he gets from the older kids will make the transition easier. I'm sure they'll all want to hold the baby, but since Seth can play and has a personality I think they'll still enjoy playing with and helping with him.

I'm so excited to see what the next month's hold!

No comments: