Monday, March 2, 2015

13w5d - Baby Update


How Far Along: 13 Weeks 5 Days
Size of the Baby: About the size of lemon, 3.5 inches long and 1.5 ounces.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 1 pound gained. Dr W. said I've done better than him.
Maternity Clothes: Yes. On occasion I can wear a non-maternity top if it's a less fitted style, but pants are limited to either maternity or loose like lounge/pajama pants. This cold weather is making me buy more maternity clothes. Most of mine from the previous pregnancy are more summer/fall, so I needed some warmer clothes and more dress pants.
Gender: Don't know yet. I'd like a girl (since I've never had a baby girl to dress up and such) but Seth was such an easy baby (at least partially due to being a no fuss boy) so maybe we need a boy who is less high maintenance than a girl and all her accessories. We do have names picked out (if I don't change my mind) but don't think we'll share until we find out if we are having a boy or a girl.
Movement:None. Dr W says I won't feel anything until 20/21 weeks. He doesn't count "flutters" as the baby moving. I couldn't remember how far along I was when I first felt Seth move in utero.
What I Miss Most: Eating without having an overfull/sick feeling in my stomach. I usually just eat less more often, which isn't a bad plan actually.
Cravings:None. I eat whatever I want.
Symptoms: Shortness of breath. After I preached on Sunday, it took me a full 2-3 hours to feel like I could breathe again. I guess I got too excited and was talking fast or overexerting myself. :)
Best Moment of the week:Today at the doctor's, he heard the heartbeat really quickly and we heard him/her move around. He said it was because I was so thin. I wanted to document he said that since I'm sure at some point I will gain too much weight and he will mention it and I will feel bad.

Next doctor's appointment is in 4 weeks. At that point, we will probably be scheduling the gender determination sonogram. It'll be here before we know it. Especially since this next month will be pretty busy at work for me. :)

No comments: