Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Scripture Memory Challenge

Every time I hear the word challenge, I go back to this old episode of the Cosby Show. I love it!!



So I have challenged my kids to learn Psalm 91 between now and Easter. It is only 16 verses so you only have to learn 1 verse every 2 days, which may take about 10 minutes a day.

So I thought I'd extend the challenge to anyone else who wants to join in. I know many people think they can't memorize and so they never try. So I challenge you, especially, to try it. It really isn't that difficult and the more you memorize, the easier it gets.

And what can it hurt? Even if you start strong and get the first few verses memorized and then get stuck, it's still God's word and it will still help you in the long run.

And for you competitive people like me, sometimes it just takes a good challenge to get your rear in gear and do something for your good. If my kids (who are 8. 9. and 11) can learn it, so can you!

So, who's with me?

No comments: