Monday, March 27, 2017

He Lives

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know He hold the future.
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

Easter is a few weeks away and the significance of sacrifice Jesus made for me is on the forefront of my mind. Jesus, his life, his death, and resurrection is the main thing that separates Christianity from other religions. No other have a living savior who sacrificed himself for them. No other have one who chose to come to earth, giving up his rights as God so that he could sympathize with us when we struggle. To show us how to fight the attacks of the devil and win! To show us what real love looks like. So we would follow his example.

For some people, loving others is easy. For me, it's a struggle from time to time. But I know that if I am truly to honor the sacrifice Jesus made for me, I have to let Him love people through me. It's not natural for me to strike up a conversation with a stranger or butt into their lives, but the love of God compels me to do better at loving others. Not to gain anything, but just to love them because Jesus does.

After all that Jesus has done for me, the least I can do is get out of my comfort zone and show God's love.



No comments: