Thursday, March 2, 2017

Open Doors

I've been praying for opportunities to minister outside of the norm. Obviously that is a really vague request so I've been trying to keep my spiritual eyes open for whatever doors God may open.

I definitely have some ideas of how I think God should open doors, but we all know God's ways are not my ways (and I kinda think he chuckles in the corner while I try to figure it all out.)

Today I had the opportunity to pray with a client over the phone. I've been working with her for years and she has just been going through some tough stuff and was really feeling defeated and depressed. So I asked if I could pray for her and she said yes. When I started to pray I could feel God's presence so strong in my office and I know that God encouraged her.

That was definitely a first. My clientele are mostly Christians and religious ministries, so it wasn't that difficult to ask if I could pray for her, but that doesn't negate the fact that God opened a door and today I made the choice to walk through it. I don't always choose to obey, but praise God I did today.

No comments: