Monday, September 12, 2011

Anticipation...

is killing me. It's like Christmas Eve, the night before the first day of school, the night before you leave for vacation, the hour before a big test. All wrapped up in one.
Tomorrow morning at 10am we will have our presentation staffing. This will be a conference call with us, Mala, the kids' caseworker, and the kids' foster parents. As far as I know, they will give us a brief intro about the kids and let us ask any questions we may have. And I've started a list. My fellow list-makers are not at all surprised by this. Mostly the questions running through my head are logistics questions and don't have much to do with the kids. I know we haven't met the kids, but I feel like I know more about these kids than some parents know about their biological children. One thousand, one hundred, fifteen pages of information, remember? No, I don't have it memorized but I feel like I know all I need to know, except for a few logistic things. My mind is always going. Always. Figuring it out. Planning. Trying to imagine what it'll be like. Because I don't do surprises well. So I am as mentally prepared as I can be, I think.
At the meeting, if things go well, we will tentatively make a schedule for three pre-placement visits with us and the kids and the date of placement. 24 hours after the meeting, we will officially make a decision to pursue this adoption. I am not sure the 24 hours is necessary since God has practically spoken audibly to me, to us, about these kids. But it is procedure. Then we will move forward with the visit schedule. One step closer.
Psalm 103:17 But the mercy of the Lord is eternal for his worshippers, and their children's children will see his righteousness.
When reading through the kids files, there was one thing that stood above all the others. There is mention of a great grandmother that was "very religious." Now, I don't know her, obviously, but I wonder if she prayed for these kids. If her love for God is the reason they are coming to a Christian family. The reason they were rescued from a bad situation. If she loved God and left a heritage for the generations that would come after her. The thought makes me so grateful to her. For the decisions she made to serve God and thus bring God's righteousness and his love to her great-grandchildren. And allow God to use her to bring the kids to us. I firmly believe that God honors his word and the way we choose to live will affect our future generations. And just maybe that is why God has brought us all to this place in time. As a way for God to honor his promises. Oh, God is so good! Gives me goosebumps!

No comments: