Friday, September 30, 2011

The Kiddos are Coming

Tomorrow morning the kids will arrive on a flight to visit us for about 24 hours. This will be the first time they've gotten to see their new home so I am excited! I feel like this is a big step in the right direction.
Tonight I finished putting the girls' room together. We just got the second girls bed Wednesday so tonight, I put it together and redid all the bedding. If you'll remember here, I had the girl's bedding bought and the room ready to go. At that point, we set the rooms up for one boy and one girl. Well, God has given us two girls and that means I had to get another bed. And because nothing can go smoothly, when I went to purchase the same bedding so that the two would match, it was nowhere to be found. I originally bought the bedding at Walmart and didn't even anticipate I'd run into that problem. I contemplated getting a second set of bedding that would go but not necessarily be the same, but honestly, I was scared it wouldn't really go, so I bit the bullet and bought two new quilt sets, bed skirts and sheets. No, they aren't exact, but the colors are really good together and all go with the yellow walls in the bedroom. And I would really rather have quilts than comforters anyways. The room is far from done as I want the girls to help me pick out some personal things to put on the walls since it will be their room after all. Now for your viewing pleasure...
This weekend's visit isn't going to be exactly as I expected, but I'm sure we will make do. I just have to decide to have a good attitude even though I'm a little disappointed. We will be meeting them (the kids and their worker) at the airport tomorrow because we have booster seats and she doesn't. From there somehow she will get to her rental car and follow us to our house. I'm not sure how long she will stay or what she will be doing until they head back to the airport at noon on Sunday. At 1 we have one of the workers from our agency coming for an unofficial visit to meet the kids. After that, BJ is planning to take D fishing and I'll take the girls shopping for some stuff for their rooms and ice cream. K asked for ice cream a lot on the last visit. I'd guess it is one of her favorite snacks. Sunday we have church, so I bought the kids new clothes as promised. I hope everything fits alright. We may do a fashion show of sorts after they get here tomorrow so if we need to make any adjustments or returns, we'll have some time to do so. We'll be leaving directly from church to meet Erisha with the kids so they can return to the airport. Since we are the only ones with booster seats, we may be taking them to the airport and meeting her there.
We hear the kids are as excited to see us as we are them. We sent them letters this week along with pictures from the first weekend to remind them about that visit. I know I always loved getting mail as a child, and actually still do, so I hope it at least brought a smile to their faces. I was supposed to call them Tuesday, but before I realized it, it was past their bedtime. I felt kinda bad, but hopefully they will understand. It is a crazy time for us too!
We are anticipating getting a call from the state to finalize some paperwork this week. After this happens, they will move forward with placement. That means that next weekend we could be going down to Houston to pick up the kids and their stuff for good. SOOOO EXCITING!! I was beginning to doubt if we'd ever get here. Funny story - Word has gotten out at BJ's work that we are adopting and s0 everyone is congratulating BJ. This week someone said "Congrats on your three new kids and the one to arrive next year." Yeah, we hear at least once a week, "you know you're gonna get pregnant now" and we are fully aware that a lot of times things happen that way. Let just say God has a sense of humor. And if we do get pregnant now, we are okay with that. Whatever God wants. Whenever God wants it. But for now, we are looking forward to enjoying the three kids He's given us.

5 comments:

Brooklynn said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! Hope it's a great weekend and look forward tovhearin all about it! :)

Kristine said...

SO happy for you both!!

The Ziebarth Family said...

Praying for a great weekend with your kiddos!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Rachel Moss said...

The girls' room looks great!

Sandra said...

Thanks so much, everyone!