Friday, February 24, 2012

Because I am an Equal Opportunity Blogger...

I figured I should take a moment and talk about my H girl.  I went into this adoption thinking she would be the hardest to bond with.  The hardest because she actually remembers her parents.  She is old enough to remember life before CPS intervened.  And I'd dare to say she was the most bonded to her biological parents and their foster parents because she had spent more time at an older age than the other two.  So I figured she would be pretty loyal and not wanting to let go of the past.  And maybe at first it was that way.  We butted heads some as all mothers and daughters do.  

But I feel like we have reached an understanding.  I am the oldest, so I understand how annoying younger siblings can be so I try to make them give her some space. And I make every effort to spend one on one time with her and I think she is responding positively.  Don't get me wrong and think the relationship is perfect, because it isn't.  She is an 8 year old with all the drama that inevitably brings.  But I am really enjoying having her as my daughter.  I love her hugs just because and I love that she asks me to pray over her every night.  My prayer for H every night is that she will always feel God's love and know that His plans for her are so much bigger than she could imagine.  That she would fall in love with Jesus more every day and always be listening when he speaks and eager to obey because she loves him.

H, I am so glad God gave us you.  Mommy will always love you no matter what!   

No comments: