Thursday, February 23, 2012

Momma's Boy

Don't tell anyone, especially D or any of his friends, but I am pretty sure I have a Momma's Boy on my hands. And I love every minute of it.  

Before I had kids, I was convinced I would be a much better mom to girls than boys.  BJ and I agreed when we were adopting that ideally we would want at least one boy and one girl. (Originally we planned to adopt a sibling group of two, but obviously God laughs at my plans and does what he thinks is best and I am so grateful that he knows better than I do.) I preferred to have girls and he preferred boys, as I'd guess is normal for people with no kids who have no idea what they really want. Ha!  I didn't have any brothers and really don't know much about raising boys, so I just figured I'd leave the boys to BJ and take care of any girls God gave us. But D has shown me how great it can be to have a boy.  Yes, he is adventurous and is always creating and building something, but I am really enjoying his sensitive side.  He is a great hugger and is sure to tell me I look pretty and that he likes my clothes or jewelry.  Every night when I put him in bed, he runs his hands through my hair and tells me how much he loves me.  Most recently he is sure to give me big hugs before he runs off to the school doors and he turns around just as he gets to the entrance to blow me kisses.  It melts my heart every single time.

God, thank you so much for blessing me with D.  I never knew what it could be like to have such a sweet boy who cherishes me and I love it!

No comments: