Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Happy 5 Months, Seth!

 You turned 5 months old on April 14th and I can hardly believe it.  You are in mostly size 3-6 months clothes, but I am definitely getting my use out of your pajamas that are 0-3 months until you absolutely won't fit them any more. You are in a size 2 diaper and graduated to that size shortly after you turned 4 months old.
 We have started you eating some baby food. So far you have only tried carrots, but squash is made and ready for you once you finish your carrots up.  I think you like the taste but still aren't quite used to the texture.  You make this funny face before you even get the food to your mouth and it always makes me smile. You are moving your tongue around a lot more in your mouth, so your "talking" is changing fast.
 You are drinking 3, 5 ounce bottles of breast milk during the day and feeding three to four times while I am home in the evening until the morning. You are so efficient and are done eating in 7-8 minutes usually. Sometimes you eat longer, but I think its mostly because you love being with your momma.  You are at your funnest stage yet.  You constantly take your pacifier in and out and love to give smiles.  Nana is trying to get you to wave when I leave in the morning, but you are more interested in playing with her moving fingers. You are really close to sitting up by yourself and are the most happy when you are laying in the middle of the floor with the action all around you.
We tried your baby carrier again and you like it much better than you did when I first tried it. You love your daddy and he always works to make you laugh and smile at him. But when you want momma, you want momma and no one or nothing else will do. I guess I've spoiled you a little bit. As soon as I walk in the door from work, and take you from Dad, you go from hysterical crying to content and happy. You definitely know how to work the tears on me.  You love to sit near me, or in my lap when I play the piano and sing. I secretly think you are going to be the musician of the bunch. You shake your head no and think you are so funny, especially when I try to get you to nod yes.

The doctor is finally happy with your weight gain, so we are not planning on going to any more weight checks (even if the doctor wants to see you) because I am happy with your eating  and you seem to be doing fine. People see you and say you are chunky, and I love it. You get so many compliments on your big blue eyes.

We love you so much and are so glad God gave you to us, sweet boy.

Love - Mommy and Daddy

No comments: