Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Morning

I woke up this morning feeling great (despite the fact I was woken up 5 times last night by various kids). My soul is energized and I feel this anticipation that I can't quite describe.  This past weekend was so good and I am just ready to take on whatever the devil throws at me this week. Oh, and he will attack. I am not stupid enough to think he is actually happy that I'm in a great mood. Quite the contrary.

God really showed up at our church services yesterday and then I was able to attend a special worship only service last night that just blessed me. I love to just rest in God's presence and soak it in, especially through worship.  So I feel refreshed and spiritually full. Not in a "I'm so stuffed I couldn't eat another bite" kind of way, but just satisfied and fulfilled.  And the residue of His presence is still with me this morning.  What a great way to start out a new week!

Yes, there are still a lot of things on my plate, as always, but I am ready to conquer.  And I just feel good. On mornings like these I really don't understand how people who don't love God make it.  Or even people who "know" God but don't have a daily relationship with him.  He is so much more than a person we honor twice a week with our church attendance. So much more.  He wants to be an active part of our daily lives and not just our 9-1-1 rescue squad. And feeling His presence, His arms around you, going through your day with you is indescribable.  He is such a personal God. Like a best friend, but closer.

This morning I was discussing yesterday's sermons with some ladies at work and was reminded how much God wants to meet with us.  We can all sit through the same sermon and hear the same words, yet God's Spirit makes that word come alive to us,  to hear things differently, as they apply to us. Or how we will receive and respond to it.  Not because he wants to make us feel guilty or ashamed, but because He loves us and wants so badly for us to be close to him.  Praise God!

I realize that His presence goes with me for a purpose. Not just so that I will feel good or have a good attitude, but so that he can use me for his glory. So open my eyes, God, to see people as you see them and lead my steps today.

Had this song on my heart this morning, and wanted to share.


No comments: