Monday, August 26, 2013

2 Years

September 18th, 2011
August 26th, 2013
What a difference two years make! Two years ago (give or take a few weeks) we were preparing to meet three kids we knew very little about and who we had been selected to take in as our own.  Even though they weren't placed with us until October 14th, I was in full mommy mode, trying to plan as much as possible for their schooling here.  As a new soon to be mom, I was thrown into the whole registration process (times 3) including odd circumstances (since we were only their legal guardians until the adoption was final) and gaps in information. I had gone ahead and purchased all of their school supplies for the respective grades and was getting their rooms ready for their arrival.

And my sweet kids were about to endure yet another major life change. Moving yet again to another school. And another family. Although they were told they were moving to their adoptive parents, it took them a while to really believe they were going some where to stay. Forever.

And we were about to go through the first of many major life changes. And we had no idea what we were about to get ourselves into. So we went in, without really any idea, but knowing that it felt right, no matter how far we would be stretched personally in the upcoming months.  Knowing that God was orchestrating this for our family. And things would never be the same.

I am still amazed at the hand of God in our lives that brought us all together as a family. It has not been all cupcakes and roses, but God is faithful.  I couldn't help but be grateful for the great kids God gave us this morning as we were getting ready for another first day of school.  This year is the first year in their lives that they are attending a school they have been to before. And I am praying for great things for them!

I can look back at that then and now and know that God is faithful. I can see it in the smiles of my kids faces. Feel it in the morning hugs and "I love you"s. They have grown so much and I am so proud of the young ladies and young man that they have become!

And I wouldn't change a thing or take back one second of the past years.  Because they were meant to be ours. And we needed them as much as they needed us. And life is so much richer, fuller, and better because we get to share it with our three great kids! (And we can't forget Seth, because he's pretty awesome too, if I do say so myself!)

Thank you God for the most amazing two years!  And the best is yet to come!

No comments: