Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Connecting the Dots


A little while back I wrote about two ladies who I felt connected to and burdened for and had been praying for. I hadn't told either lady and was just doing what God had told me.

In the past week, both of these people have contacted me, saying God told them to ask me to pray and gave me some specifics.  It totally shocked me and I took it as confirmation that I had heard God clearly regarding praying for these people. Amazing!

Then on Monday night I was up pretty late praying for both of these situations and God very clearly gave me a word and a specific prayer for them. God gave me a burden that evening like I have never had before and I interceded on their behalf. I shared with them on Tuesday morning what God had said and they both responded very clearly that it was God and resonated with what God was showing them. It feels so good to know that you really are hearing God and he is using you to bless others.

Months ago I felt like God was leading me to be an intercessor and had asked God to use me that way. Then God was silent on the issue. I'm sure you've been there. So as is normal, I just assumed I was wanting something that wasn't God's will and I moved on. I mean I knew he wants us all to pray for each other, but being an intercessor is different than that. But after this week, I see all the dots connecting together and another piece of God's plan coming to fulfillment in my life. Praise God!

It is so amazing to serve a God that loves me so much and takes pleasure in speaking to me and using me to minister to his people. There is just nothing like it.




No comments: