Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Happy 9 Months Seth!!

 Happy 9 months, sweet boy!  This month has definitely been a month of growth. At your checkup (which was more like 9 months 1 week) you weighed 19lbs 10oz (30th percentile), were 28 inches long (30th percentile) and had a 18.3 inch head (75th percentile).  You have a lot of brains in there or that's what I tell everyone.  You wear size 9 months clothes mostly and size 2 shoes, but your feet are too fat to fit in most shoes without a fight.
 This month you have gotten two teeth and are really into eating baby food. You clearly tell us when you are full by shaking your head "no" and making it impossible to get any more food in your mouth.  We changed your bottles of breastmilk to every 4 hours so mommy only has to pump twice a day at work (wohoo!). Most nights you only wake up once to eat.  However, I think you've had a growth spurt lately because you've had 4 nights in the last 2 weeks that you wanted to eat every 4 hours all night long. That makes mommy very tired.
 You can roll over like a champ and really like standing up holding onto fingers or furniture and walking with help.  You aren't crawling, but are getting awefully close. You love to sit on your bottom and scoot around or spin in circles to get to what you want.  It is so cute!

 
I have only found you sleeping on your belly a few times, but I do think you sleep better that way once you get in that position.
 You say "mama" and "dada" regularly and do a lot of babbling in your own language no one but you can understand. You have recently gotten more clingy to mom and notice when I am gone more. You have given up falling asleep on your own lately and will only fall asleep in my arms. I love holding sleepy babies, but I must admit I have days I wish you would go to sleep easily on your own like you did for a few months.
 You are just such a smiley happy little guy and I am so glad God brought you into my life. I needed to learn to smile and laugh more and you have definitely accomplished that.
 You have learned to give hugs and I just love it when you hold on tight to me. My hair has become your security blanket. You run your hands through my hair when you are nursing or when you are falling asleep and then don't want to let go after you are sleeping.
A lady at the store the other day told me to spray you down and keep you at 9 months forever because it is such a fun time. I agree and wish it was possible.

I love you so much and am so glad you are my sweet little boy!



No comments: