Monday, August 5, 2013

God doesn't quit!

Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God’s Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. Philippians 1:3-6 The Message
 God does not give up. He doesn't get distracted or decide that we aren't worth his effort. He keeps working on us day after day, weaving together his perfect will in our lives, making us more like him, getting all the details of our lives lined up perfectly so he can have complete freedom in us.

All the while we may feel him near, or we may feel nothing. But God is still working.

We may feel lonely or abandoned or treated unfairly. But God is still working.

We may look around and compare, saying "Why me?" or "When is it my turn?" But God is still working.

And it is hard to convince ourselves that God is indeed working things out for his glory in us when we have no proof of that. No feeling. No fact that would lead us to that conclusion.

Except his word. Which is the rock on which we stand.

When the world around me is crumbling and I feel like I am drowning and no one can understand or see me.  God is still working and His word is still true.

And there is hope. Not because the circumstance has changed one bit. But because God is still God, even in the struggle.

So we hold on. Not to what we can see or feel. But to God, by faith, knowing despite our emotions and feelings that He Is Faithful!!  

We don't understand how or why, but we know who and He is enough!

No comments: