Saturday, October 12, 2013

Happy 10 and 11 month, Seth!

Mommy was really busy the past few months, so we are going to have to combine two months into one. I think adding school back into the mix did me in.
 The past few months have been full of growth. This past Monday you took a few steps on your own, but you are mostly cruising around the house holding on to furniture, walls or whatever you can get your hands on. You love your independence and are quite brave, not afraid to push the limits when it comes to reaching to get things and moving from one support to the other.  This means we have had quite a few falls, bumps and bruises. I am putting you in real shoes (with real soles instead of the baby soft soles) and you have gotten to wear you like it and request them. You love the playing with the velcro strips on your shoes and think you are just so funny when you take your right shoe off (yes, its is always the right one.)
 You copy pretty much anything you see if you can figure out how to. For example, today when I was watching the Huskers, you were happy to cheer along, with your hands in the air letting out excited squeals when they Huskers scored, just like Mama.
 You have started talking a lot more and I can definitely say you know who Mama and Dada are. On occasion I have heard you say what sounds like "Hi there" and "All done" but I'm not sure if you know what those mean or if it was just a coincidence.  It's funny because when you were with Daddy all day last Friday, he says you said "Mama" all day and today, when you were with me you said "Dada" all day.  However, you rarely call for us when we are in the room with you. I guess that makes sense. No reason to calls us when we are already there. You are just too smart already!
 You have started making kissing sounds and reaching in to give open mouthed kisses.  Don't know where you got that, maybe Nana. When I'm holding you and give Daddy a kiss, you copy us with your kissing sound and it is so cute. You have started on some table food and love it, sometimes too much to eat your baby food. We are doing some mixture of the two right now, with bottles of breast milk still at every 4 hours during the day and as you are hungry when I am home. This usually means I nurse you in the evening, once in the night, and in the morning during the week.
Your sleep schedule has been all over the place lately, and I blame you getting your top two teeth for that. At some point (I think when you were sick) I stopped making you put yourself to sleep and haven't gotten back into the schedule. I have recently (as in the past few days) gotten you to sleep all night in your bed (with one feeding during that time) until about 6. I let you get in the bad habit of sleeping with me and Daddy for 3-4 hours a night when you were fussy instead of making you go back to sleep in your crib. But I am breaking that before it becomes a bigger issue.

You have gotten way more attached to me and basically won't go to Dad if I am in the room. I have read that is normal. I love your two arm hugs around my neck, and love being loved by you, but I wish you would make Daddy feel loved too sometimes when we are both home. He knows it is just a phase and will probably end when you are weaned from breast feeding.



I don't ever want to forget these days. You are so fun and so cute and I love every second of it! You are such a gift from God, sweet boy.

No comments: