Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ready

For a while (probably over a year) God has been putting some little things together for me. He has been speaking to me quite clearly and opening my eyes to see new things in His word. It is just amazing to me! I have been a Christian for 25 years and yet because of the power of the Holy Spirit, I can read God's word and he can still illuminate things to me I've never seen before.

Tonight during my Bible study God opened up a verse in Isaiah.

Isaiah 45: 2-3
I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name
God wants so badly for us to know him that he is willing to do whatever it takes to break down the barriers in our hearts and lives, to speak to us, to break through the walls we have put up. Just so that we can know him better. Don't let anything keep you from pushing through to get to know God. He loves you so much and is willing to do whatever it takes. 

So after that word I am ready for God to open some doors for me that he has promised. I know it is coming and I know God is faithful. I just have to continue to trust him and wait for the opportunities to come in God's timing and in his way.

No comments: