Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Praying for my kids - Peace

My kids struggle. At school. In life. In many ways they are normal kids, but there are moments when I see the effects of the unfair start they got to life. And it makes me so mad at the devil. So frustrated that they have to deal with this. That I have to deal with this. I will be the first to admit I have given God all sorts of suggestions on how to fix the problem (I am sure I am the only one who tells God how to fix things.)

So this morning on the way to school, I was praying over my kids (out loud so they could hear like I do each morning) and the Spirit of God led me to pray for peace for them. I have prayed many things for them over the years (yes, they have been with us for almost 2 years) but I'm not sure peace was ever one of them, unless it was just in passing. God showed me that the source of most if not all of their struggles is the internal turmoil they go through on a daily basis. And as I pray for God's peace to cover their minds, their emotions, their hearts, the peace of God will calm the troubled waters and all the other stuff (you know, that I was praying for God to do) would be taken care of.  Thank you God for your word for my kids!

So often we pray for the symptoms of our struggles, because they are tangible to us, and we can identify them. But if we will let the Spirit of God lead our prayers he will show us the source, so we can cut it off at the root of the problem. 

So, today and every day until God leads me differently, I will pray for God's peace to cover my kids and his plans will be accomplished in their lives. Praise God!

No comments: