Sunday, August 17, 2014

All in the Family

I don't often talk about BJ, but he is definitely a big part of this family. I am the more dominant personality and he is the behind the scenes guy. Although it isn't really the typical family dynamic (and I would dare say most families aren't typical any more), it is how God has put us together for his glory. We like it that way and it works for us.

Since August 3rd the spiritual dynamic of our family has been changing. On that Sunday morning, God met with me in a very real way. I have been so spiritually hungry but not really knowing how I wanted God to answer that desire. That Sunday morning God was touching his people without anyone praying for them. Often times, we want someone to pray for us, to touch us so we can feel that someone is standing with us, be encouraged by their touch. But we often rely on others too much. Yes serving God can be made easier by a community of believers, but ultimately serving God is a personal decision, a personal relationship that only involves you and God. That day I intentionally told God I wanted whatever he had for me. It didn't have to look like anything I was familiar with or seen before, but I just wanted more of him. And he met me right where I was with an anointing and heaviness of his presence  like I've never felt before. I am still not totally clear where God is leading me but I know that it is good and I know that it will all be for his glory. I have seen changes in my personal time with God, in my relationship with my kid and my husband, in my day to day life and I am so grateful.

Then there was today. Today BJ got a touch from God. He's usually in the background, but God is changing some of that. God is growing him too. I am so blessed to be able to serve God with my husband. He is a Godly man and a great example for the kids and for me. He leads us as a family according to God's design. He also longs for God to have his perfect will in our lives and God is answering those prayers. He said he was a little scared about some of the things that were prayed over him today, but I know that he will obey God, even if he is scared at first and God will reward that obedience.

And the kids are just growing up in many ways. Each night they read their Bibles and we have a short family time where they get to share what they learned and pray for each other. They are still kids, but I am seeing them  draw closer to God as their questions change and understanding grows.

This Fowler Family is growing together and closer to God so the devil better take notice that we are not to be messed with. He will lose every time, because our God is greater and we aren't afraid of his schemes.

No comments: