Monday, August 11, 2014

Reality Check

God's been preparing me for some awesome things the past few weeks. I don't really know what all is coming down the pipe, but I am so grateful God has chosen me. To use me for his glory. To love me with all my failures. To see me as beautiful when I am broken.

And with every new glory, new anointing, comes a new test.

Because the devil is real and will do whatever necessary to hinder God's work.

God has been teaching me a lot of things.

You do not support the root but the root supports you. Romans 11:18

You did not choose me but I chose you. John 15:16

Both of these verses are a bit of a wake up call. God kindly putting me in my place. Not because I didn't know this before, but because if I can get my eyes on myself and off of Jesus the devil can very quickly turn this into the Sandra show. God knows this is not my heart, but it does me good to be reminded of my place. Yes, I am loved by God and yes he has great plans, but I am not in control of the show. I am not the source of my own success or failure, but He is. I have not arrived, but he is gently leading me into his perfect plan.

I've thought a lot a about humility over the years, because I have been told I come across as conceited and arrogant (although I felt insecure at the time and was trying to just be confident). Most people will say that they aren't prideful or arrogant and will justify it as confidence, but I really think the only way to truly look at yourself and determine if you have pride issues is to look at your obedience level. If you are humble, as God expects, and respect that he is your source and authority, obedience will come. We have to obey God and put his will and desires for us above our own. This is true humility.

We have to find a balance between allowing the devil to make us feel unworthy and thinking too much of ourselves. In the place of humility, we know that we are nothing and that we are good enough only by the grace of God. That is where we are learning to lean on God more because he is our only source and being confident in the anointing and authority God has given us.

No comments: