Monday, January 12, 2015

Christmas MIracle

Disclaimer: I wrote this blog on December 31st to post when we decided to share our news with Facebook world.

We found out on Christmas morning that we are expecting our 5th child. If you know me and my desire to plan things this is not a surprise to us. I went off birth control in July and we've been praying for God to bless us with a child since then. We haven't really been trying for another as in we haven't been recording temps or charting like last time, but we have been paying attention to my cycle and trying to time things correctly. It took us 6 months to conceive (which if you are keeping track is also about the same amount of time it took after the kids got placed in pur home to conceive Seth).
We have learned not to tell our kids any important news until we are ready to tell the world. We told our kids on Christmas evening and then they told the family at pur various Holiday events in the few days after that. Our church family found out on December 28th, or at least whoever was at church that day.

My mother in law was shocked at first and my father in law immediately started talking about the twins I was carrying. As far as I know we are not having twins. He did this during my pregnancy with Seth too. He's always trying to stir something up. We told them Friday night in Decatur. Saturday morning the kids told Bop and Memo.

Then we headed up to Wichita Falls to my sisters house. They hosted Christmas. The kids got distracted by the snow and Katelynn nonchalantly mentioned we were pregnant about 5 minutes after we arrived. I didn't intend to even tell anyone in my family that I was off birth control until I was pregnant but my mom asked me a point blank question on Thanksgiving and I had to answer. So she kinda knew it was coming, but I don't think she expected the announcement at Christmas.
I didn't really respond the best to a lot of the congratulations because I've been kinda worn out over the holiday break. I said thank you but honestly felt a little overwhelmed mixed with some denial. I would normally chalk it up to being with my kids all day every day, but I'd guess being pregnant has contributed too. 

I have been a little hesitant to share on Facebook because 5 kids is a lot. OK, 4 kids is a lot and 5 is more than that! I've been a little unsure as to how our news would be received.

So today I am 5 weeks and feeling pretty normal except for the occasional hunger/nausea pains that remind me I am indeed pregnant. This was also the only real symptom I had early with Seth. Hopefully this means my pregnancy will be relatively easy like the last one.

Tight pants or jeans are a bit uncomfortable but not too bad. I do prefer to be standing up or laying down to sitting already, but its bearable. Seth made me pretty uncomfortable because of how low it felt like he was sitting when I was pregnant with him.

We are so grateful for another baby and am really looking forward to the first doctors appointment and sonogram! The first appointment is February 2nd, so stay tuned for an update from the doctor and a sonogram picture.

No comments: