Friday, January 2, 2015

Helpers

When I picked the kids up yesterday from Aunt Martha's I had plans for my day. I wanted to at least start getting Christmas done. I didn't really think the kids would help but decided I would be happy if they would play good together upstairs with Seth so I could get it all done (while watching football of course).

After we ate our Sonic for lunch, Haley decided she wanted to clean their bathroom upstairs. The others followed suite and began to clean whatever they wanted to (windows, toilets, showers, etc and their rooms) with a little direction from me. Meanwhile, I started taking down Christmas. In didn't follow up or check any of their work, but was just thankful for some unsolicited help so I could get Christmas down.

They are really good kids and did a good job and I was so proud of their attitudes. They also have been much more willing to empty the dishwasher and whatever other small tasks they are assigned. I think they really got a wakeup call when they realized that other kids have chores too (thank you Aunt Martha). I have not been the best at having a  schedule for chores and such, but I expect them to do their own laundry, put up what they are playing before getting something new out, and help with the dishwasher as needed.

God has blessed me with some great helpers!

No comments: