Friday, January 2, 2015

Rejoice with those who rejoice...

And mourn with those who mourn.

I hate illness and I hate death. There are never sufficient words to share that will truly bring comfort when someone is grieving. And things can be complicated by pat Christian answers that feel fake and forced. Because no matter how bad I feel for what someone else has had to endure, I can never take that pain away from someone else.

Because there is only One who can truly provide peace and comfort.

When a relationship is strained already, things are made worse. My intentions appear selfish or "because it is the right thing" and not out of my love and concern for another. I wish I could help, but I fear how it will be received.

On the flip side, God is doing some amazing things in my life, but sharing those at a time of grief seems inconsiderate at best.

So I wait and pray and let God work it all out, and I'll obey as he leads.

No comments: