Monday, November 17, 2014

Amazing Grace

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found.
Was blind but now I see.

Grace - an undeserved gift from God. Of eternal life. Of his forgiveness and compassion toward us. Of his love and goodness and the faithfulness of God in our lives.

Some would argue that one who had been saved from a life of sin has experienced a greater grace than someone like me, who was raised in church, who chose salvation at the young age of 6 and has chosen to serve God since that day.

But even if I was a good sinner, I was still a sinner in need of a savior. Still headed to hell were it not for the saving grace of God. My salvation and the forgiveness of my sins was purchased with the life of Jesus. With the same blood that saves the worst of sinners and the grace I received was indeed amazing.

Without the Holy Spirit to open our eyes we are all blind. To our need for a savior. To the realization that we cannot in all our efforts and good ideas save ourselves and deserve the gift of salvation. See, you did not seek and find Jesus, but he pursued you. Tugging at your heart, drawing you to come to him, desiring to make you his child and by his power alone, he has made you just that. By his amazing grace!

I once was lost but now am found.

Was blind but now I see.

No comments: