Monday, November 3, 2014

Iron Friend

The past week or so I've gained a new friend, kind of unexpectedly. I've known this person for a while but not like this. We are able to discuss and talk about everything without either one getting offended. I can be pretty brutally honest and they get me and debate with me and we leave the conversation better than we came.

It has been a long time (maybe never before) since I've had a friend like this. I am so grateful for this friendship God thought I needed.

I've never been one to have a lot of close friends. Looking back I've had quite a few friends, but each of them have clicked with me in certain areas and there were other topics we knew we didn't agree on so we avoided them. And I was okay with that and am not asking for sympathy.

But this friendship is different. A good different. God gave me an iron friend.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

No comments: