Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tis so sweet

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take him at his word.
Just to rest upon his promise
Just to know thus saith the Lord.
Jesus Jesus how I trust him
How I've proved him o'er and o'er.
Jesus Jesus precious Jesus
Oh for grace to trust him more.

This old hymn seems to be my go to when things in life don't make sense. I remember singing it in the hospital room when BJs brother was unconscious after a motorcycle accident. My sister sang it at my grandma's funeral.

And today another Godly woman has gone home to heaven. Although I know that her family was not ready to see her go, I also know that she is well now. And she is healed. And she has seen the face of her Father and wouldn't come back to this world for anything.

There are times in life when things don't seem fair. When we beg God to hear us in our desperation and things don't turn out the way we hoped. We are tempted to doubt God. To doubt that he is in control. That he will rescue us when we feel so alone.

I have learned that even in that, God knows what he is doing. When we are hurting and filled with questions, yes, it is still sweet to trust him. Only when we choose to trust God regardless of what is going on around us do we find true peace in Him. Only then.

No comments: