Monday, November 3, 2014

Marriage is a Journey

Really been thinking about my husband and marriage today. Things are really good right now. Really good.

But that doesn't happen by default. It happens by the grace of God and very intentional acts on both our parts. We have both been willing to work on us in order to help our marriage flourish.

Honestly, things were kinda rough after Seth was born. Bj was such a great husband taking care of the older kids and helping me when he could and really making things doable. But it is very hard to balance being a new mom and being the wife my husband needs me to be. Bj got overlooked a lot, but was so gracious and just kept loving me through it.

And here we are almost 2 years later and our marriage is better than it has ever been. And that's the way a marriage should be. It just gets better over time, as long as you intentionally keep your spouse was your second most important relationship (after you relationship with god and before your kids.)

I've said it so many times, but I am truly thankful for the godly husband Bj is and the great dad he has become. My life is complete because he is in it.

No comments: