Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Week - Day 3

This morning, after we woke up and ate breakfast, we headed to Target to let the kids get their ornaments for the year. Last year I ordered them online, but this year j just let the pick from what Target had available which was actually a pretty good selection. Seth got a yellow tonka truck ornament, Katelynn got a pink nail polish ornament, Daniel got Captain America, and Haley got minions from Despicable Me.  We also bought a star to put on top of their tree that is silver glitter.

Then we went to Little Giggles. I love that little resale shop. I sold back some clothes while the kids watched a movie in the kids play area. They love going just for that reason and I can come find them and ask their opinion about what I've found. Today all the kids got something new to them, but I really hit the jackpot with Daniel. I found him 5 pair of jeans/pants. I never get that lucky as boy pants rarely last long enough to be resold. They are just so rough on them. For most of the time Seth was happy watching the movie and only made me carry him around a little at the end.

Then we drove through Whataburger for lunch.  We watched Monsters Inc while Haley finished hanging up her clean clothes. After that Seth fell asleep while the big kids played outside for a bit.

The highlight of the day was taking the kids to their first Dallas Mavericks game. I am actually blogging in a quiet car on the way home. They are all asleep or at least quiet. We were late getting there due to BJs job and traffic, but were rewarded with an extra quarter (overtime) and a win. It was a really good game and the kids enjoyed it for the most part.

But more than that Daniel was ecstatic seeing the Dallas skyline on the drive there. Seriously, you would have thought he didn't live in Houston for the first years of his life. Maybe he'd just never seen it at night. Looking at the lights on the buildings, he was like a kid on Christmas morning. He was beyond excited. For his birthday he just wants to come to down town Dallas and drive around. And maybe ride the elevator up Reunion Tower.

Seth spent the night at Mom Fowlers so we could take just the big kids to the game and I could actually enjoy it without trying to keep him entertained. This is the first time (except for being physically out of town) that he has spent the night away so we could do something. I really couldn't find the benefit of picking him up and trying to get him back to sleep when we are doing Thanksgiving with them all tomorrow anyways. I was glad that he went to her happily and hope he sleeps okay for her tonight. She is going to try and get him to take his nap early tomorrow before bringing him to my mom's house. Hopefully that works and he will be all smiles and fun tomorrow when we are with the family.

Tomorrow BJ has to work at 2 so we are taking separate cars to my mom's house. I'll probably get up and go early so I can hang with Jill and whoever joins me can play with their cousins longer. We are eating at 1 and I will be happy to see Seth when the in-laws bring him over. I don't know if I'll blog tomorrow or not. Depends on how my day is going.

Either way, let me close by wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time with the people you love and be grateful for what God has blessed you with! I know I am.

No comments: