Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thsnksgiving Week - Day 2

I forgot to mention that Seth has been sick. He was diagnosed with an ear infection at his 2 year checkup so he has been on antibiotics for that and he's had a runny nose/cold. So needless to say he hasn't been eating very well (as in less for me than he usually does and that is saying a lot). Yesterday he ate decently which included a granola bar, fruit snacks, oatmeal and even some rotisserie chicken while I was cooking dinner (in addition to his bottles of milk. Milk is the one thing he will always take from me and since he's picky for me, and milk is a good source of nutrition for him I haven't taken away his bottles.)

So I woke up this morning about 7:30 and was about to get in the shower when I was informed by Haley that Seth had thrown up. Yep, pretty much everything he ate yesterday was in his crib, on his sheets, in his hair, you get the picture. So my nice shower was set aside and Seth got an immediate bath. He loves the bath, so it wasn't too bad, but cleaning vomit out of his hair and off of his clothes etc was not how I planned to start my day. Oh well.

I finally got my shower after taking care of Seth including getting him his medicine and morning bottle at about 9.

Mom Fowler picked all the kids up at 9:30 and took them to see Big Hero 6. Haley went back and forth on if she felt good enough to go but decided she would. She's been battling allergies with a random addition of fever last night. I warned Mom that Seth has been more clingy than usual and she said I could decide if Seth went or not. He went to her pretty easily this morning, so I let him go and I got a couple hours of a break while they enjoyed a movie.

And I chose to be lazy, kinda. I watch part of a Law and Orders SVU marathon while eating left over pizza for breakfast/lunch, blogged about yesterday, and put up my Christmas tree during the commercials. It isn't decorated, but it is up.

Daniel returned doing karate moves and said he was glad to remember his ninja side. The girls didn't say much about the movie besides that it as good.

Haley and I spent an hour or so doing math homework (because I do not want to deal with it later and she wasn't up to it over the weekend so I had some mercy.) Daniel and Katelynn played outside. They all helped Haley finish putting up her tree and then Mom Fowler showed up again to watch the kids while I took Daniel to therapy.

Today is his first session to help him with his anxiety disorder. I really hope he can build some self confidence. Praying this will be just what he needs. He said he wasn't nervous, so that's good. We went to what I thought was the office to find out they had moved. I really wish they would have told me. We were running ahead of schedule so we only got here a little late.

Tonight we are having home made chili/Frito pie for dinner. Seth fell asleep around 4:30 and is now napping on the couch.

So today didn't exactly feel like Thanksgiving week, but it was a nice day none the less.

On the agenda for tomorrow - picking out ornaments at Target (and a star or something for the top of their tree) and going to the Mavericks game with the big kids in the evening. Maybe I'll also get my tree decorated and well find some movie to watch in the afternoon.

Day 2 and still blogging strong. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

No comments: