Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Behind

So I realized Sunday that my biggest struggle with this adoption is the fact that my kids don't know God.  If I were to have biological children, they would be raised in church and would know nothing but serving God. Some people may see that as a disadvantage, but I am very glad that is how I was raised. I love God so much because I was taught to love and serve God from an early age.  It has been my life and I am grateful!! So it bothers me that my kids are starting behind other kids their age who have been raised in church.  I have been doing a lot of praying about this and am trying to not let the devil in with his fear and lies and to just trust God in this.  But if I'm going to be honest, it is hard.  I'd guess every parent who wants to raise their kids to love God and serve him have this struggle sometimes, but it is intensified for me in that I am 7,6, and 4 years behind in this.  And I don't like being behind. 

Yesterday in my personal devotion time, God spoke very clearly to me through this verse.
"Do not be afraid...For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground. I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring and my blessing on your descendents." Isaiah 44:2-3
In my Bible I wrote, "God, you will provide your Spirit and presence for my kids who have not been taught to love you, yet."  YET. I love that word. It carries with it a sense of hope of something on the horizon.  So, yes, we're starting behind, but God is faithful to keep his word and he will not overlook my kids or hold their past against them, but will come to them, will pour out his Spirit, his love on them.  Because just like anyone else, they need him. And He loves them more than I could ever understand.

No comments: